Thursday 30 June 2011

2 months later

I just wrote my entire blog and the iPad decided to refresh the page :/ loosing everything.

So what's changed since my last update?

I'm now back in rainy Ulster with no hope of full time work :( out of the 8 or so studios I applied to, I only heard back from one, and that was a decline. On a happier note, I got my university results and passed with flying colours leaving only one year left to complete (postgraduate level)!

Work wise, I'm fixing computers for the locals which gets me some drink money but im also working for two indie companies:

Toxic Games - QUBE



Spiral games - Orion Prelude



Both are great projects and I get to use a lot of the UDK :D doing things from creating crazy creature rigs to implementing in game elements and features. Hopefully these projects will last until the end of the year which will give me some good industry experience for my CV and portfolio.

I haven't been doing much to my personal website, but very soon I will be doing a major overhaul including more recent work and a "prettier" layout.

1 comment:

  1. Whoop! If 8 studios turned ya down, apply again and apply to more! Yo gotta keep hitting ze anvil!

    Qube looks to be an interesting concept, and any game with dinosaurs is a winner!

    I don't think "loosing" is actually a word, maybe you meant to write "losing"?

    ReplyDelete