Friday 8 February 2013

Again.. A rare blog update!

So it's been a long long time since I last posted in here.. What's changed with me?


  • Didn't win Dare to be Digital
  • Moved back to Northern Ireland
  • Can't get a job
  • Getting back into game development

Dare to be Digital.

So the last time I posted in here I said Dare was going great, it went really well! We made an awesome game and had a blast. We didn't win but who cares!! Here is our game trailer!!



Moved back to Northern Ireland.

So I moved back to Northern Ireland as I currently had no job and unfortunately my GF left me after near 6 years....

Can't get a job.

I've applied to a lot of jobs but can't get one. Industry and teaching jobs. Only had two interviews!! TWO!! I might possibly be able to do some voluntary work with my local college in town. That would be great as they have invested a lot of money into a new creative technology studio which includes a motion capture studio!!!

Getting back into game development.


So the past 6 months nearly I've been in limbo and unmotivated but eventually I'm getting back into the swing of things. I'm currently working on single manned projects but I'd like to bring on board more people! One project is a Slenderman like horror game, another is a third person space driven game using Unity. 

Yes... I'm using Unity! And I have to say that it is awesome! Oh I forgot to mention that I have a Mac Mini too!! Hopefully I will be able to do some app development for iOS! 

I also done a game jam completely online with a few mates: Bradley, Aaron and Alastair! We made a side scroller in Unity and it can be played here on Bradley's portfolio website!!

http://bradleyaustin.co.uk/unity_spacechase.html

So that's it from me! I'm going to update this a lot more regularly with game and art updates!

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment