Tuesday 2 July 2013

Half A Year Already

Skills

It's been a long 5 or 6 months since I last posted although come to think of it, it's actually flown in. I have been busy busy busy. Mainly been learning new skill-sets the past 6 months including additional Unity shenanigans but also an interesting move into 2D game development again. I've been using tools such as Stencyl which implements flash and now learning Game Maker as well. All decent and powerful tools. I'm hoping to build up a collection of small game prototypes in the space of a few months.

I don't know if I ever announced this one but this was a game we built for the charity organisation Water For Africa. Made using Adobe Flash and in a group of a couple other people.

http://www.waterforafrica.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/Water-for-Africa-Game.swf

But yeah, I am getting back into 2D development which is gooooood as it's not all about 3D in this industry. No solid prototypes at the moment but soon! I promise :o

My Jerb

Oh yes I had no job last time I wrote! I am now teaching a Games Design course for Clane College in the Republic Of Ireland so Whoop Whoop. I teach a crazy number of subjects including 3D, 2D, theory modules, game design and even a touch of web development. It has been a very difficult relocation with the crazy Irish accents and "yoyo" currency but great fun all the same. I am working in Limerick as a contract lecturer until September so back to the drawing board afterwards.

I teach a talented bunch of wannabe developers. I am certain some of them will make it into indie game industry which is the next biggest thing for Ireland. I am bridging contacts with other Irish folks so hopefully I will have some good news in the months to come. Here is a very cool video to check out done by a student from my home-town. It's about the Irish Games Industry.




My New Avatar


I ate him with fava beans and a nice chianti. fffffffff

Badgers Vs. Turtles

Slender Man Rip Off

Again maybe one day I will give this another go. I was getting really far into it. It was scary too!




Indie Development

Okay so the biggest ones on my mind is indie development. It seems that all AAA has abandoned Ireland and we are left with Game Studio Call Centres. There are lots of Indie Development Studios forming which is fantastic and I hope to be listed as one soon enough once I find the right talent. Game designs are coming into place. Top secret of course

3D Art

Slacking slacking slacking. I've been soo busy teaching that my 3D skills aren't developing any further. Been working on an Evil Dead themed environment. Texturing process is next.


The trees are awful. They will be gone in the next update. I'm pretty much in the Mind-frame of modelling for mobile and tablet platforms which for me is the way forward.

Betsey 2.1


Outfitted with new gear like the Asus Z87 Pro motherboard, Intel i7 Haswell 4770k and a beefy new Nvidia GTX 770. A new power supply is coming tomorrow as the "Toughpower" is getting the boot.

Check Out These Blogs/Videos and Thanks for reading

Some great stuff happening! Students and other indie projects.




No comments:

Post a Comment